Moving and storage often go hand-in-hand, but you might find yourself
asking, “Is it really worth it to use
professional storage services?”
Moving and storage often go hand-in-hand, but you might find yourself asking, “Is it really worth it to use professional storage services?”
The short answer is yes! However, understanding exactly what your options are and what you can get out of storing your belongings is important so that you make the right choice for your situation.
There are plenty of storage options available out there, and some will be better suited for your move than others, so arming yourself with knowledge beforehand can help you find the service you need at a price that fits your budget.
What are My Options for Household Storage?
When you first think of storage, you might picture a basic warehouse facility where your items are stored in metal units and minimally protected. Storage has come a long way from this less-than-ideal solution, and the options available in the modern market can give you peace of mind and benefits that make it well worth the cost!
As you start researching the various types of storage services around, keep an eye out for these popular options that can make moving a much easier process:
· Short-Term Storage: Whether you’re downsizing, want space while packing, or need time to settle into your new home, you can find storage units with a wide range of sizes, amenities, and term lengths—including month to month—to fit your needs.
· Storage in Transit: Some moving companies offer storage in transit (SIT) services. With this service, your movers handle the loading and transport of your belongings to a secure facility and return them to your new home once you’re ready for them.
· Storage Containers: There are several options on the market for storage containers, and these portable units are typically dropped off at your home so that you can load them on your own timeframe. Once the unit is full, the company will remove it and store it until you’re ready for delivery.
Whatever option you decide to go with, be sure to read the fine print of your contract! Storage services vary widely in amenities, including fees, packing support, delivery options, and security. You want to be comfortable with both the facility and the service that you choose, so take your time in deciding so that there are no surprises down the road.
What are the Benefits to Storing Items During a Move?
Storing your belongings might seem like just one extra step in a long, stressful moving process, but it is actually one of the best ways to ease the stress and hassle of the entire experience! Whether you are downsizing your home, need to move on short notice, or want more time to settle in before unpacking, storage can support your family in the transition and give you the extra time and space needed to handle the rest of your relocation details.
Whether you get a storage unit dropped off in your driveway or you hire a full-service moving and storage company, household storage offers:
· Convenience: Depending on the option that you choose, you can enjoy amenities like packing help, guaranteed delivery, and the convenience of being able to pack your items when and how you would like to.
· Added Security: Keeping your belongings safe and undamaged is a top priority for any household move. With storage services, you’ll get peace of mind knowing that your items are being stored in facilities that are fully secured and even climate-controlled.
· Money Savings: Putting your items in storage can actually save you money if you do it the right way! From cutting down on costs for hauling unneeded items to a new home to portable storage that cuts out the middle man, there are plenty of ways that storage can help you keep money in your wallet.
· Flexibility: This might be the top reason for storing your belongings during a move! With the ability to control how your items will be stored, what size unit you need, and when your belongings will be delivered, you get support before, during, and after making a move to a new home.
Do you see what we mean about the benefits of considering storage services for your move?
If you’re working with a professional moving company, such as Covan World-Wide Moving, be sure to ask about what they have to offer when it comes to secured storage services! Whether you’re staying in the local area or taking your family across the country, we can help you create a customized moving and storage plan that fits your budget and schedule.