In 1914, J.M. Coleman founded the company in Hutchinson, KS under the name Merchants Transfer and Storage. He began with four dray wagons, eight horses and a desire for success. Success, then as now, meant service, as our early advertisements attested: "Courteous men at your service night and day." Over the past century, our company has undergone many changes that have forged our company into a strong and dependable force in the moving and storage industry. Today we have over 50 company owned offices in 17 states and one U.S. territory, and more than 400 agents throughout the world. Covan operates over 200 interstate operating units with another 600 units utilized for local and short haul activity. In 1914, this company was family-owned and built on excellent service, dependability and trust. Today, Covan is a family-owned corporation that is driven by providing the same level of service, dependability and trust in which it was founded over a century ago
Covan exists to provide high-quality worldwide relocation and transportation services. We are driven to be an organization that:
- Regards people as our greatest asset.
- Seeks to hire, train, motivate and reward a superior work force.
- Treats all people with equality, dignity and respect.
- Pursues excellence through commitment, dedication and teamwork.
- Competes aggressively and ethically to succeed.
- Returns more to our society than we receive.
- Exceeds our customer expectations and strives for customer loyalty.
- Recognizes the customer as the key to our success.
- Increases industry standards through continuous improvement and innovation.
Our mission is to be the leading provider of worldwide transportation services. We are committed to total quality, 100% customer satisfaction, profit and growth. We will provide our quality services through the best trained, most efficient work force in the transportation industry, realizing that our employees are our most vital assets. We are committed to our family of employees and to total quality through 100% customer satisfaction. We expect those in our family of employees to share in our commitment. The path to 100% customer satisfaction is a TEAM effort. A team must share a common vision and be united in its relentless pursuit of quality. As a team, we expect our team members to share in the responsibility of our service and our vision.